What makes these oats so special and different from normal oats? The texture is SO THICK, like a cake! The coconut flour and baking powder are the KEY ingredients in this recipe. For this one, I adapted Lauren’s Tickner chocolate cakey oats recipe. #StrenghtFeed
- 60g Oats
- 10g Coconut Flour
- 10g Cocoa Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- Protein Powder (optional) – I used 15g Peanut Chocolate Whey Protein
- 15g NGT 100% Natural Peanut Butter
- 10g Nutella
- 2 Kit Kat Peanut Butter Flavor Bites
- In a bowl mix oats, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sweetener.
- Add 250ml (approx.) water and microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir well. Put back in for 30 seconds. Repeat until thick.
- Once cooked, mix in the whey protein (if desired), and pop in the microwave for a further 30 seconds.
- I topped mine with NGT 100% Natural Peanut Butter, Nutella and peanut butter Kit Kat bites.
- You need to remove, mix, and put back in the microwave. I usually do this once or twice every time I make oats depending on whether or not I add whey protein. The more you cook them, the more ‘cakey’ they become.
- Preparation in the oven: Preheat the oven and cook at 180C for 15 minutes or until the desired consistency has been reached.
CALORIES & MACROS *including toppings