- 50g Pancake Mix or 30-40g Whey Protein – I used Myprotein unflavoured pancake mix which is a blend of whey, milk protein, egg white and oats
- 10g Coconut Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg White
- 100g Banana, mashed
- 50g Carrot, shredded
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- 100g Greek Yogurt
- 20g NGT Carrot Cake Muscle Butter
- Carrot, shredded
*In the pictures above, I have almost doubled the pancake recipe.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on a low heat.
- Mix well pancake mix/ whey protein, coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Whisk the egg and egg white very well.
- Add to the dry ingredients, along with the mashed banana and shredded carrot.
- Leave the mixture to set for about 3 minutes until a thick mixture is formed.
- Add a splash of almond milk if needed (but you will get thicker pancakes with a thick butter).
- Spoon mixture into the pan and spread it around with the back of a spoon.
- Cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes a side.
- Flip carefully and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- I layered mine with greek yogurt and topped them off with a dollop of yogurt, NGT Carrot Cake Muscle Butter, chopped walnuts, shredded carrot and a dash of cinnamon.
- To get thick pancakes you should have a THICK mixture. If it is too thick, add a splash of almond milk. If it is too thin, add more coconut flour. Don’t be afraid of having a thick mixture! Just use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread it around on the pan and get round pancakes.
- Cook over a LOW heat to allow them to rise and become fluffy.
- Be careful not to overcook them or they will dry out.
- For better drizzling of the muscle butter, chuck the desired amount in a bowl, pop in the microwave for 5-10 seconds, give a stir and drizzle away.
CALORIES & MACROS *including toppings